All those who suffer from Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) need to make changes in their regular diet. Sometimes these changes drastically reduce the calorie intake, thereby reducing the energy level with each passing day. You may also need to gain a bit of weight so that you can stay healthy.
Simultaneously, you can also put a check over these kidney problems by adopting Ayurvedic treatment for kidney failure. The Ayurvedic treatment has proved helpful in reducing the requirement of dialysis or renal transplant. Kundan Kidney Care Centre provides all natural Ayurvedic treatment in the form of supplements that are free of any heavy metals, chemicals or steroids. The herbal medicine rejuvenate the kidney cells, making your kidneys start to work again on their own. The herbal treatment for kidney problems also eliminates the need for dialysis or transplant.
But, what are calories?
Calories is the form of energy which is derived from the food that we humans eat each day. To maintain your weight and energy level throughout the day and to perform the daily activities, you need to have enough calories. Calories in your food come from carbohydrates (sugars and starches), protein and fat.
Do kidney disease patients require more calories?
Yes, kidney patients need to increase their calories intake each day for the following reasons:
• Diet followed by CKD patients include foods from selected food groups. You may eat fewer calories because you have to omit these foods.
• There will be many days when you won’t feel like eating your usual meals. This can help you in losing weight gradually.
• You might be underweight or have lost weight in the recent past because of your kidney disease.
• If in case you are on dialysis, your body will need more calories.
What foods should you eat to obtain a healthy weight
It is highly recommended to eat the amount of food your dietitian has recommended. But, if you’re still losing, try to add extra calories from simple carbohydrates. Some good sources of calories are vegetable fats, vegetable oil, and non-dairy cream. These foods are a rich source of calories to keep you active throughout the day.
How to use free foods in your diet
- You can use honey or sugar in cereal and beverages
- You can use syrup on pancakes, French toast, and waffles
- Instead of plain water, drink beverages that are rich in calories
- Add margarine to rice, hot cereal, noodles, vegetables and bread.
The free foods are not considered harmful because they leave very few waste products in your blood. If in case your kidneys are badly damaged or you have diabetes or high cholesterol, it is recommended to discuss your full diet chart with an expert dietitian or a kidney specialist. While undergoing Ayurvedic treatment for kidney failure, you must follow a kidney-friendly diet recommended by your physician based on your individual condition. This will help you to protect your kidneys from getting worse and enable you to lead a normal life.