What is Glomerulonephritis?
Glomerulonephritis is a type of kidney disease that is caused by the inflammation of glomeruli. Glomeruli are the globular structures of entwined vessels, fibers, or neurons that act as the filtering unit of the kidney. When inflammation occurs in these blood vessels, it leads to glomerulonephritis. When glomeruli are inflammed, they cannot help kidney to get rid of wastes and extra fluid in the body. If remain undiagnosed and illness continues, the kidney may stop working properly, resulting in kidney failure. This kidney disease can occur on its own and can also co-occur with another disease. Natural herbal treatment for this kidney disease can help the person recover faster.
Types of Glomerulonephritis
There are many types of glomerulonephritis, but it is divided into two types:
Acute Glomerulonephritis (AGN): The acute form of this kidney disease develops suddenly. It may develop it after an infection in your throat or skin. It is detected after the sudden onset of proteinuria and red blood cell (RBC) casts in the urine.
Early symptoms of AGN include:
• Urinating less often
• Blood in your urine
• Extra fluid in your lungs
• High blood pressure
• Puffiness in the face
Chronic Glomerulonephritis (CGN): The chronic form of glomerulonephritis is a cumulative damage and scarring of the tiny
blood vessels in the kidneys. This condition may develop after survival of the acute phase of glomerulonephritis. Only natural herbal treatment for kidney disease prove effective in most of the cases of CGN. This kidney disorder first appears as chronic kidney failure. However, by seeing the symptoms of CGN, you can determine whether it is CGN or kidney failure:
• Blood or excess protein in your urine detect in urine tests
• High blood pressure and swelling in ankles and face
• Frequent nighttime urination
• Abdominal pain and frequent nosebleeds
• Easy bruising or bleeding
• Fatigue and frequent hiccups
• Muscle cramps and twitching
• Nausea and vomiting
• Drowsiness, lethargy & confusion
Causes of Glomerulonephritis
There are many causes of Glomerulonephritis which can be classified as follows:
1. Autoimmune Disease: In autoimmune disease, the immune system produces autoantibodies that attack the body itself.
Autoimmune diseases affect many parts of the body including kidneys, lungs, skin and more. For instance, in Goodpasture’s
Syndrome, one’s body creates an autoantibody that specifically targets the kidneys.
2. Infection: Glomerular disease develops after an infection in other parts of the body such as respiratory tract infection
or a skin infection. Infection with streptococcal bacteria can trigger glomerulonephritis.
3. Sclerotic Diseases: Sclerotic Diseases such as diabetes and lupus may trigger scarring of the glomeruli. In such cases, it is called Glomerulosclerosis, wherein glomerular cells are activated to produce scar materials.
4. Idiopathic: When glomerulonephritis occurs without an apparent associated disease.
Treatment for Glomerulonephritis Kidney Disease
Glomerulonephritis often cause kidney damage and other health problems. In severe cases of glomerulonephritis, doctors often
recommend kidney dialysis to remove waste products from your body. However, natural herbal treatment for kidney disease is effective in blocking inflammation of glomerulus. Herbal medicines help to remove harmful substances deposited in glomeruli, strengthen immune system, and improve blood circulation in patients suffering from glomerulonephritis condition.
It is advisable to consult a kidney specialist dealing with 100% herbal treatment if you develop symptoms of