Most urinary tract infections (UTIs) involve the lower part of the urinary system – the bladder and urethra. Pyelonephritis occurs when UTI progresses to the upper urinary system – the kidneys and ureters. Natural kidney disease treatment is the most effective option for pyelonephritis, but if left untreated, pyelonephritis can damage your kidneys and can also be life-threatening. A woman is more likely to develop pyelonephritis during pregnancy while men with enlarged prostate are more likely to develop this problem but this usually occurs after the age of 50.
Acute and Chronic Pyelonephritis
Acute pyelonephritis is a sudden kidney infection that causes your kidneys to swell and may also permanently damage them. Chronic pyelonephritis is characterized by renal inflammation and fibrosis induced by recurrent renal infection. People at risk for pyelonephritis are those who have:
• An untreated urinary tract infection
• Anatomic problem in urinary tract
• Diabetes or weakened immune system
• Nerve problems that affect the bladder
• Kidney stones or bladder tumor
• Vesicoureteral Reflux (Abnormal backflow of urine from the bladder to the kidneys)
• Pregnant women
What Causes Pyelonephritis?
Pyelonephritis is caused by many types of bacteria or viruses, but the bacterium Escherichia coli is often the cause. Bacterium or virus can move to the kidneys from the infected bladder or can be carried through the bloodstream to kidneys from other infected parts of the body. With natural kidney disease treatment such as taking herbal products and alternative medicine can help you treat pyelonephritis naturally, without any side effects.
Symptoms of Pyelonephritis:
• Fever & Chills
• Nausea & Vomiting
• Back and side pain
• Mental Confusion
• Frequent, Painful Urination
• Fatigue and ill feeling
How is Pyelonephritis diagnosed?
The tests that are used to diagnose pyelonephritis depend on the patient’s age and gender, and include the following:
• Urinalysis: Urinalysis is testing of a urine sample.
• Ultrasound: medical imaging to find out if there is any obstructions in the urinary tract
• CT Scan: With CT scans, you get three-dimensional (3-D) images. It can show obstructions in the urinary tract.
• Dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) scintigraphy: DMSA scintigraphy is an imaging technique that is used to diagnose the severity of kidney damage, such as scarring, due to bacteria/virus infection.
Food to avoid when you are suffering from pyelonephritis
When you are suffering from kidney infection like this, your doctor or kidney specialist will ask you to avoid food that:
• Contains a low amount of sodium
• Protein-rich foods
• Potassium-rich foods
You must eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to get all necessary vitamins, minerals and nutrients to strengthen your immune system to fight off the kidney infection.
Treatment for Pyelonephritis
Natural kidney disease treatment will help people with pyelonephritis to fight off the bacteria or virun infection. Combine healthy diet, exercise and natural herbal treatment to keep your kidneys healthy and functioning well.